Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm obssssssesssssssed with my dogs' bums....




....but I've been knitting again - a shawl for Mum for Mother's Day, using Knitting Lace Triangles, by Evelyn A Clark. It's a great book, gives you the beginning bit, the middle bits, the edging bits, and the transitions between each, so you can design your own patterns!!! After starting it about 50 bazillion times, I realised that "sk2p" means different things to different people (I thought it was "slip one, knit 2, pass slipped stitch over", but no, it's "slip one, knit 2 together, pass slipped stitch over" which makes a bit of a difference to the stitch count.....hmmm.... but it's sorted now, and I've done the first repeat of the leaf pattern. I'm using Peace Fleece worsted (70% merino, 30% mohair), in a beautiful rich Samantha-Katya Pink.....

(yes, those are ugggggg boots that you can see....I'm also wearing a flanny.....and trakky-daks....I have no idea why I'm single, I'm a catch I tell ya!!!)

ANZAC Day tomorrow, I'm going to take the hounds to the Dawn Service at the park near my place. Maybe I'll even have a shower first - I know, I know, I'm on holidays, but it's a special occasion...

Kisses,
xxxxxxxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

blogger/google lost my comment.

i said i had that exact peace fleece. love it so much i find a way to use up the extra bits as often as i can.

and i love the pingpong bum pose. it's dangerous. they must ping pong their pong all day long.

ooooh, i did NOT have that rhyme in my first attempt. i'm so glad i got a second chance to show off my poetic grandeur.

Lushorama said...

oh yeah, the pong's a-pingin' alright.......

Am loving the Peace Fleece - I'm definately going to win the best-child award this Mother's Day!