Sunday, December 2, 2007

Nod. An explanation.

Noddy was my boss in my first year of teaching. I was 20 years old, and, if I may say so myself, a bit hot.... Anyway, Nod was a sleaze, and one day introduced me to a group of (male) maths teachers at a conference as his "Luscious Lisa"... I was so taken aback (and young) that I said nothing, but grinned pathetically instead.... Anyhoo, my colleagues took to calling me Lushy whenever Noddy left a room, and the nickname seemed to stick....
Fast forward nearly twenty years, and I went to sign up for a gmail account - I typed in 'Lushy' as my username, and it came back with "that username has been taken" and suggested "lushorama" - hence my email addy, and the name of this blog.... and maybe a set of pink personalised plates for my car....

Now only my nearest and dearest call me Lushy, and they aren't lecherous (well, maybe Jules is) or sleazy, so they must mean it with love!

So there you have it, an explanation of my blog name.

Fascinating stuff, eh?

xxx

2 comments:

IHateToast said...

i always wondered.

but don't you know what else was discussed? hm.

do you know this place?

Lushorama said...

YES!!!! I love that site, and visit it often!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

(and yes, I have an idea as to what else was discussed....!)

hehehehe (imitation of lecherous old man...)